An important part of the Providence Art Club's mission is the preservation of our four historic buildings. From the early years of our organization's existence, these properties have been the face of our Club to the public and the pulsating hub of our member activities. Together, this proud row of buildings symbolize art and culture, history and architecture, all characteristics that define our Club as well as our home city.
The Club House
Perhaps the first brick veneer structure in Providence, the three-story dwelling was built by Seril Dodge in 1790 and bought in 1799 by Moses Brown for his son Obadiah. Long known as the Obadiah Brown Brick House, it was first leased to the Providence Art Club in 1886 and deeded to the Art Club in 1906.
The Fleur de Lys Building
Built in 1885, the building was designed by Sydney Richmond Burleigh with Providence architect Edmund R. Willson and is one of the most delightful in Providence. Through its Norman, half-timbered facade, the structure lends what some have called a 16th century atmosphere to Thomas Street.