Call for Art:
Class and Instructor Exhibition 2020
Please carefully read the instructions to participate in this exhibition.
Entry Form and Image Submission Due:
Artwork Delivery Dates:
January 4 – 7
All members who have taken and instructors who have taught, a class or workshop from January 2020 – December 2020 are invited to submit their best work for exhibition in the annual Class & Instructor Show. Each student may submit up to three works, but no more than one work per instructor/class taken. Each instructor may submit one piece per subject taught. Works must be for sale and must be properly prepared for installation. Works on paper must be framed and works on canvas should be framed or must be on gallery wrap canvas with a finished edge. Works should be securely wired with D-Rings. All artists must fill out our convenient online submission form for their work, and must label each piece on the back with artist’s name and artwork title. If you have questions about this show, please do not hesitate to contact Michael Rose and he will be happy to talk with you.
- Up to three submissions per student, No more than one submission per class/instructor taken. (E.G. If you have taken Jane Doe’s class two times in two different semesters, you may only submit one work from Jane Doe’s class.)
- One piece per instructor per subject taught. (E.G. If you taught two semesters of the same topic, you may submit one item to represent that topic.) If an instructor is also a student they may submit up to three works total.
Works must be labeled on reverse with artist name, and artwork title.
- The size limit is 42″ x 42″, including the frame. Three-dimensional work may not exceed 42″ in any direction, and may not weigh more than 100lbs.
- All two-dimensional works should be wired with d-rings for installation. If a piece requires special installation, artists must receive approval from the gallery manager in advance. Works must be framed or presented on gallery wrapped canvas with a finished edge.
- All work must be available for purchase, and sold works are subject to a 25% commission for members and a 40% commission for non-members.
- All student work must be the product of a 2020 class or workshop. Works substantially aided by the instructor are not allowed. Copies of original artworks are not allowed, with the exception of works produced in Kate Huntington’s Copying The Masters class. Any photographs utilized in work must be original and the property of the artist.
- The Art Club carries a blanket insurance policy covering fire and theft, but not breakage. The insurance value is considered 2/3 of the sale price, but no entry is insured for more than $250.
- All submissions must be checked in with a member of the gallery staff. Gallery staff will inspect all submissions and works that do not meet these specifications will be turned away.
Submitting Caption Information:
- To participate in this exhibition, artists must fill out the simple online entry form in full for each of the pieces submitted. This must be completed by January 1.
- Please remember to label the back of each piece with artist name and the title of the work. Please do this in advance of delivery.
Images for Online Catalogue:
- To be included in the online catalogue, artists must provide their own image(s) of their work(s). PAC Gallery staff are not available to provide photography services.
- Images must be in JPEG format.
- A clear, good quality smartphone photograph is acceptable.
- Label each of your images with your name and the title of the work (E.G. “lastname_title.jpg”) and submit the JPEGs together in one email to email@example.com after you have filled out the entry form.
- Delivery Dates: Monday, January 4 – Thursday, January 7, 12-4pm. Works must be delivered by January 7.
- Exhibition Dates: January 11 – 22 in the Maxwell Mays and Mary Castelnovo Galleries.
- Pickup Dates: Monday, January 25 – Friday, January 29 during gallery hours (weekdays 12 – 4pm). Submissions must be retrieved during the pickup dates. We cannot store work for extended periods. Works left in storage at the Art Club may become subject to a storage fee at the discretion of the gallery manager.
If you have any questions at all, or need any assistance whatsoever, please feel free to contact Gallery Manager Michael Rose.
He can be reached at 401-331-1114 ext. 5, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our staff are always happy to help. That’s what we’re here for!
- Call for Entry: Fall Members' Show 2019
Friday, January 1, 2021 - Thursday, January 7, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm