with Julie Beck 3-Day Workshop Tues.-Thurs., August 14-16 9am-3pm Workshop Fee: Members $375
Using the most basic of materials, you can make great realistic (or non realistic!) paintings from life or from photo reference. Oil painting doesn’t have to be intimidating or complicated. Day 1 we will go over our materials. What they are made of, what they do, why and when to use them, etc. We will also use our first canvas to explore some basic exercises to explore paint application, value, transparency, etc. Day 2 we will further discuss value, and also explore our paints and their personalities, color space, and begin to develop a thought process for mixing accurate colors. Day 3 we will create a color study from a photo or life using what we learned the past 2 days.
Throughout all three days we will reinforce and reiterate the fundamentals of good realist painting and things to think about even if you are working abstractly. You will leave this short workshop with two canvases that will act as a great reference for your future masterpieces.
Location: 3rd Floor Masiello Studio
Class size limit: 12
Workshop size is limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Providence Art Club members will have the first opportunity to enroll. If enrollment maximum is reached, your may add your name to a wait list. We will open enrollment to nonmembers (if space allows) approximately one month before the date of the workshop. If an enrolled student cancels, the Art Club will notify the first person on the wait list. Unfortunately, the Providence Art Club is unable to prorate students for missed classes or classes that they are unable to attend. The Art Club strives to provide the highest quality art classes with various media for all members.
- If you need to cancel and we are able to fill your spot, you will not be charged.
- Canceling a registration 15+ days prior to workshop = 100% refund
- Canceling a registration 10-14 days prior to workshop = 50% refund
- Except for a medical or family emergency, there is no refund for registration cancellations made less than 9 days before the first day of the workshop or class.
- The Providence Art Club may find it necessary to cancel a course or workshop due to low enrollment or other scheduling conflicts. If this occurs, registered students will be contacted and refunded the full course fee.